February is HEART month! As part of her Senior Project, Sierra Manzer is working with HOSA to support the American Heart Association and the promotion of heart health! This week at school, we will promote a hearth health theme each day:
- H – Hydrate – Water, milk and 100% fruit juice are excellent sources of hydration for the heart and blood.
- E – Educate – Students in each PE class will receive hands-only CPR training from American Heart Association instructors. CPR training saves lives!
- A – Apply Healthy Habits – Learn how healthy eating can strengthen your heart!
- R – Red Out – Thursday at school…wear RED!
- T – Together, we can prevent heart disease- please wear RED to the boys home basketball game on February 6th. HOSA will be selling “Fire it Up” t-shirts at the game. Also, sign-up at the game to take a CPR certification course.